Location: Headquarters in Chipping Norton, NSW
Type of work: Internship/Work experience (unpaid) – Immediate start
Forcast is a contemporary Australian women’s fashion brand. With over 30 stores across Australia, a thriving online customer base and a growing international presence, Forcast offers the ultimate shopping destination for the modern woman. Check us out at www.forcast.com.au.
We are looking for a highly proactive and creative social media intern to join our digital/e-commerce team located at our head office in Chipping Norton NSW. This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge in the fashion industry and the daily operations of the digital/e-commerce department.
Below is a list of required tasks for interns, but you have the opportunity to contribute more to the team based on your performance, efficiency, and ability to handle these existing tasks. These opportunities include: ideating and creating content on the brand’s social media channels and assisting the team in e-commerce and campaign photo shoots and much more!
- Help create content for social media channels and engage with our social media marketing approaches (including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tiktok and LinkedIn)
- Participate in the development and execution of the social media calendar plan
- Preparation and support for ghost photography, e-commerce and content photo shoots
- Write product descriptions and assist with any areas requiring writing
- Provide ad hoc administrative support to the team, in particular to the Digital Marketing Coordinator
A successful candidate possesses the following skills and attributes:
- Previous work experience or proven success on your own social media channels
- Strong interest in working in an e-commerce environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Team player with an enthusiastic and supportive attitude
- Autonomous and organized person who is not afraid to ask questions and adapt to a fast-paced learning environment
- A consistent understanding of the brand, what we do and who our audience is
- Must have own laptop and software
Other highly valued skills and attributes:
- Experience in marketing, advertising, media or other related field preferred
- Strong passion for social media and keeping up to date with the latest social trends
- Writing skills
- HTML and CSS skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite including Lightroom, Bridge, After-effects, Premier Pro
- A general understanding of DSLR photography and studio photo shoots
- We’re a great team to work with and love a bit of office humor
- Attend brainstorming sessions and gain hands-on experience throughout the marketing process
- Occasional team lunches and celebrations
- You will be exposed to all of the different roles involved in operating an e-commerce platform, ideal for a college student who is figuring out where they want their career to go.
- An excellent 3-month work experience to add to your resume, along with a letter of recommendation or listed referee (depending on your preference)
must be available, 1-2 days per week, for a minimum of 3 months with an immediate start. This position is unpaid. Performance, productivity, efficiency and contribution to the team will be highly valued if a permanent position becomes available. If you think you meet the above requirements, please send your CV and portfolio to Alicia [email protected] with subject title “Social Media Intern”.