Photo by: Kylie Jones
With the start of each new school year comes a new perspective on the yearbook and yearbook marketing. We’ve updated our 2022-23 Social Media Calendar to help you take your marketing to the next level. Each month is designed with a variety of daily messages that encourage your staff to engage with your school community. We’ve also included traditional marketing tactics as well as sales tips.
Our calendar is located in a shared space Google Sheets Document to make it easy to copy and paste prompts directly to your social media.
If you like to plan ahead, we’ve included posts from August through December to help you get started. Try using sites like Hootsuite or SkedSocial to schedule your posts in advance.
Each category is explained in the introductory tab as well as on this blog to help your staff keep messaging fresh and consistent throughout the month.
- Marketing Minutes: Provide a quick reminder for students and parents to purchase their yearbook. The prompts for these are fun and simple, with yearbook previews included to generate more excitement.
- Directory Impact: Shows what students appreciate the most when they browse their copy of the yearbook and what it means to them. Yearbook staff can record student responses and post the video they think best represents their yearbook topic.
- Throwback Thursday: See if students can guess which teacher is featured from their photos when they were younger. These posts are entertaining and will likely get a lot of engagement from students. If enough teachers send their photos from the past, it can also continue in the following months!
- Holidays: These posts are conversation starters to get the school community to engage with your social media page. These posts act as a catalyst to drive your community to your directory pages where they drive engagement and see other posts that remind them to buy a directory.
- Brainstorm Blitz: Get your staff thinking about your brand on social media. These prompts will create discussions among your students to determine the best way to promote your yearbook on social media platforms.
- Tuesday TikTok: Increase your reach by posting on TikTok and engaging with current viral trends. Boost your appearance on the “For You” page by taking viral sounds and adapting them to the directory. Repost on your other pages to gain followers and reach a wider audience!
- Sales tip: These days provide ideas and strategies for effectively marketing your yearbook throughout the school year. These tips will help you expand your social media marketing reach into other traditional marketing tactics.
- Spotlight on Saturday: Spotlighting students is a great way for students in your school to be recognized in front of their peers. Share three interesting facts about them to make the posts more interesting. Encourage your school community to send in their applications so that this spotlight remains a recurring trend.
- The more you know: Sharing knowledge! It’s a simple way to encourage learning and slyly remind your audience to buy their yearbook from yearbookforever.com. Ask your staff to come up with a fact they find interesting to increase the chances that the post will be shared and interacted with.
- Guessing games and solving the riddle: It’s a great way to generate buzz, as contest winners can receive a small prize. Have your staff choose a movie or celebrity and find three different clues as to what it is. Ask them to post these clues on your social media accounts and encourage students to participate. We’ve provided the puzzles for you, but feel free to mix them up!
- Teacher Appreciation and Coaches Corner: Encourage students to send video clips explaining why they like their favorite teacher or coach. These videos can be sentimental and/or funny stories!
- Social media takeover: Engage other trusted clubs and organizations to help promote your directory sales in a new way for 24 hours. Allow them to be creative and post as many times during this time as they wish. This will be a great way to change your message and engage different audiences more. As a bonus, this can give your employees ideas to continue after the recovery!
- Instagram Story Q&A: Take your Insta game to the next level by introducing interactive features through IG Stories. Engage with your audience by highlighting their opinions and showcase student responses with a tag to attract new viewers and potential subscribers.
- Recruitment reminder: Create a buzz about students who might want to join the yearbook staff next year! These prompts will encourage students to apply for yearbook staff while showing all the exciting opportunities current staff members have to experience this year.
We encourage you to tag and share your posts with us. We can even highlight them on our own social media too! Let us know if you have any ideas for the coming months by emailing [email protected] We look forward to seeing your posts, and we hope this calendar will help you increase your yearbook sales and interaction with your school community.