Google is bringing Gmail’s email template templates and multi-send features to more Workspace users, just like they did with appointment scheduling in Calendar earlier this year.
Both of these features were first introduced for individual Google Workspace customers and aim to make it easier to send “professional-looking emails to large audiences.” Possible use cases for the features – available on Gmail for the web – include “announcements, newsletters and other mass email scenarios”.
The changes start with email templates and layouts that can include images, text elements, and buttons, as well as customizing “your own color schemes, logos, images, footer text.” page and links”.
Meanwhile, multi-sending is an alternative to BCC-ing with all recipients receiving a separate copy of the email. Senders create and can manage mailing lists in Google Contacts.
By default, multi-send emails include a unique unsubscribe link for each recipient. Anyone who unsubscribes is automatically excluded from future multi-send emails from you.
Google first rolls out admin settings to “control whether these features are turned on or off for your users.” Gmail templates and multi-sends will go live from August for the following editions:
- Available for Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Starter, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Standard, Education Plus, nonprofits, Workspace Individual, and legacy G Suite Basic customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Education Fundamentals, Education Teaching & Learning, Business Starter, Enterprise Essentials, and Frontline customers, and former G Suite Business customers
Additionally, the default values for multiple sends depend on the edition:
- For Google Workspace Enterprise Starter and later, and Google Workspace for Education customers, this feature is limited to internal recipients by default.
- For Google Workspace Business and Nonprofit customers, multi-send is available by default for external recipients.
- For all editions of Google Workspace, you can enable multi-send for external recipients at the OU or group level.
Learn more about Gmail:
FTC: We use revenue-generating automatic affiliate links. After.
Check out 9to5Google on YouTube for more info: