The National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO) is looking for a creative, self-starter to develop and execute media projects, manage NCTO social channels and provide general administrative support to the CEO and NCTO team in their work on behalf of the American textile industry. .
The NCTO Communications and Special Projects Associate will be responsible for creating and executing social media campaigns for all major social platforms (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram). This individual will be expected to maintain NCTO’s digital media presence by regularly posting content to NCTO’s social channels and engaging with NCTO’s social audience, as well as like-minded accounts. They will be responsible for developing a social media calendar with initiatives designed to amplify industry news, achievements and talking points with the goal of growing NCTO’s social following and presence. Additionally, the Communications and Special Projects Associate will apply writing and creative skills to a wide range of media, including press releases, blog posts, and other content-based materials for large audiences. and will work in collaboration with the communications team.
Additionally, they will be responsible for assisting the CEO of NCTO with general administrative tasks such as meeting schedules, travel arrangements, and document management. They will be expected to be an organized point of contact on these matters who responds and completes tasks efficiently and accurately. Additionally, the Associate will work with the NCTO team on high priority projects designed to advance key membership related tasks.
The NCTO Communications and Special Projects Associate must have excellent communication and organizational skills, particularly in monitoring progress through data analysis and identifying opportunities for growth. They must demonstrate a strong digital and social media literacy. The individual must understand the social media sphere, both big name platforms and developing niches, and be able to create sincere and timely content to produce viral engagement. Our ideal candidate is a social media enthusiast with experience in copywriting, graphic design and digital content creation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and present social media plans and campaigns for NCTO’s social platforms: FB, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Execute ongoing and approved campaigns in line with NCTO communication strategy
- Ability to provide support in writing press releases and other content in coordination with the VP of Communications
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that creates meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Create new content and engagement opportunities and maintain editorial calendars
- Engage with NCTO’s social media audience on NCTO’s social platforms
- Identify content from like-minded accounts to feature on social media
- Configure and optimize company pages within each platform to increase visibility of company social content
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing relevant social data/metrics, insights and best practices, then acting on the information
- Provide general administrative support to the CEO and the NCTO team: help manage the CEO’s calendar, organize virtual meetings, organize CEO travel, and manage documents and files
- Provide essential support to the NCTO team on key administrative tasks
- Assist with conference planning and meeting preparation
Requirements and Qualifications
- Autonomous, demonstrated resourcefulness for an entry-level position
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, politics, public relations or relevant field
- Excellent advisory, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Portfolio of successful social media content
- Knowledge of the Office suite and the Adobe suite (an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Desire to learn about relevant innovations and software
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrable personal presence on various social media platforms
About the National Council of Textile Organizations
The National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO) is a unique association representing the entire textile industry. From fibers to finished products, from machine manufacturers to energy suppliers, NCTO is the voice of the American textile industry. NCTO’s mission is focused on building powerful national and international alliances to advance the interests of the US textile industry. As an organization, its membership is unparalleled, allowing every segment of the industry to have a vote in determining NCTO policy. www.ncto.org
How to register:
To apply, please submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter. Please include examples of your work that you would like to feature in your portfolio. The cover letter should explain why you are excited to work at NCTO and why you are qualified for this specific job. Please note that applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
NCTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If we can facilitate the application process by accommodating the recruitment process, please let us know.
While NCTO is open to people from a variety of locations who wish to join our team, please note that we are generally unable to afford relocation costs and all applicants must already be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer in the United States. time of application to be considered for this position.
We will review applications as they come in and look forward to hearing from you.
Job type: Full time
- 401(k) correspondence
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- vision insurance