Converse is a place to explore potential, break down barriers and push the boundaries of what can be. The company is looking for people capable of growing, thinking, dreaming and creating. Its culture thrives on embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand is looking for high achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing their skills and passion to a challenging and ever-changing world to make things better as a team.
Converse is looking for a Social Media Specialist to join the Australia and New Zealand marketing team. In this role, you will lead our local social strategy, with a focus on planning, executing and optimizing our social channels. You will have additional digital marketing responsibility encompassing writing consumer-facing copy and managing third-party social media marketing partners. This role will manage the alignment of our local social strategy with Converse’s global guidelines and with our paid social media partner agency to drive brand and commercial KPIs.
Reporting to the Head of Brand and Consumer and working closely with the Digital Marketing team, you will plan and execute all organic social media marketing for all owned social channels and work closely with our partner digital agency to align yourself with paid social strategy, sign-off and execution. Working closely with the digital marketing team, you will also be responsible for copywriting and brand verification across various digital channels, digital asset management, and social media budgeting and reporting.
- Create and manage a social marketing strategy, across all social marketing platforms, with defined KPIs.
- Build, develop and execute the social media calendar, ensuring cross-functional alignment with retail, brand and e-commerce.
- Work closely with the digital agency partner and digital marketing manager to develop a strong paid social strategy aligned with brand guidelines and company objectives to achieve agreed KPIs
- Community management on social networks
- Be the channel of social media assets and schedules to partner digital agency for execution of paid campaigns
- Understand, obsess over and implement brand tone across all consumer-facing channels
- Conceptualize, write and review consumer copy in social, on-site and email/SMS communications
- Build, develop and execute content calendar in collaboration with Ecomm/SEO teams.
- Measure and report on all social media content, using insights to make future content improvements.
- Advanced degree in business, marketing, digital or related field.
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Previous experience in brand writing and managing tone of voice
- Strong knowledge of social media channels and social success metrics.
- Ability to produce SEO optimized content.
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Mastery of the Facebook Business suite
- Mastery of Google Analytics
- Experience mining data from a variety of sources and social reporting platforms. Analytical approach and able to derive meaningful insights from data and make recommendations to improve performance
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the footwear and streetwear retail environment and culture.
- Local/domestic rental only (on site)
- A demonstrated passion for social media and digital marketing.
- Progressive learning attitude and track record of integrating emerging technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Results/data driven.
- Creative atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Skills in managing internal and external stakeholders, including third-party agencies.
- Able to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, while being flexible enough to adapt to changing plans.
Apply via LinkedIn only, do not use the “apply now” form below.
To keep up to date with fashion jobs in Melbourne, subscribe to Fashion Journal’s Careers Updates here.