Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel and similar tools can be used as Airtable alternatives. Review their features to see if they are right for your business.
Airtable is one of the most popular project management software options, but that doesn’t mean it’s the right choice for every team. Check out the best alternatives to Airtable to find the right project management tool for your business.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Airtable?
Airtable is one of the most popular project management software tools. This is partly due to the versatility of the software. Airtable provides solutions for teams of all sizes, from small businesses to large enterprises. There’s even a free plan for small teams or individuals. Airtable also offers an intuitive user interface and a seamless data import process, making it a very user-friendly option.
SEE: Recruitment Kit: Project Manager (TechRepublic Premium)
However, users may look for Airtable alternatives for several reasons. The first is simply that many people have different preferences when it comes to the task management interface. Airtable’s interface is intuitive for most users, but it looks more like a spreadsheet. Excel enthusiasts will like this, but others might prefer an Asana layout list that often looks more like a standard to-do list.
Enterprise users may also choose to go with an Airtable alternative, as many competitors offer more comprehensive enterprise integrations. There are also limited extensions for many subscription plans.
Best Airtable Alternatives
The monday.com Work OS is project management software with a flexible yet feature-rich platform. Compared to other project management tools, monday.com gives users greater flexibility in setting up different project visualizations and views.
Unique features of monday.com
- Ability to visually display project data through a variety of views, including Gantt chart, kanban, charts, and dashboards
- WorkForms feature for customizable data collection
- Log of all changes made by users for better project tracking and visibility
- 250+ pre-built workflow automations
- Extensive integrations available for developer tools, CRM and more
monday.com offers five plans to choose from:
- Individual: A free plan that supports up to 2 users, 1,000 items, and 500 GB of storage.
- Basic: For $8/month per user billed annually or $10/month per user billed monthly, organizations can have unlimited free items, boards, and viewers.
- Standard: For $10/month per user billed annually or $12/month per user billed monthly, organizations can access timeline, Gantt and calendar views as well as automations and integrations.
- Pro: For $16/month per user billed annually or $20/month per user billed monthly, organizations can access graph view, time tracking features and more.
- Company: Enterprise pricing is customized based on business needs. This plan offers premium support and enterprise security, among other benefits.
Smartsheet is a highly rated, cloud-based project management software that can meet the needs of teams of different sizes, focus areas, and technical skill levels. The software tool facilitates organization, visualization and clear communication about ongoing projects. Like Airtable, Smartsheet displays project data on a spreadsheet-like interface.
The Unique Features of Smartsheet
- Data visualization via grid, Gantt, map and calendar views
- WorkApps, Smartsheet’s no-code tool for building web and mobile apps
- Activity log to track project changes and updates
- Pre-built project and automation templates
Smartsheet is the only software provider on this list that doesn’t offer a free plan, but you can try it out for free before choosing one of the three available plans:
- Pro: For $7/month per user billed annually or $9/month per user, organizations can access basic collaboration and project management features. This plan has a maximum of 10 editing users but allows unlimited viewers.
- Company: For $25/month per user per month billed annually or $32/month per user billed monthly, organizations can add an unlimited number of publishers.
- Company: Custom plans and pricing available for businesses.
Wrike is a leading provider of project management software. The software offers high-level project planning and management as well as seamless collaboration between teams. Wrike offers project management features for IT project teams, marketing teams, creative teams, and service delivery teams. The platform can serve businesses of all sizes and offers specialized offerings tailored to the needs of corporate clients.
Unique Features of Wrike
- Intuitive views with Table, List, Table, Gantt, Time Log, and Analytics Dashboard views
- Project templates available for IT, project management, marketing, and other teams
- Over 400 integration options with a wide range of apps and software tools
- Premium data security and privacy features for enterprise users
- Free: Users can sign up for the free plan to use basic task management features at no cost.
- Professional: For $9.80/month per user, organizations can add shareable dashboards, interactive Gantt charts, and integrations.
- Company: For $24.80/month per user, organizations can access advanced customization features.
- Company: Companies that want enhanced reporting and security tools can inquire about the Enterprise package. Pricing is personalized.
Asana is another project management software that has been adopted by many organizations. Its main focus is on task management. Asana has a very clean and simple interface that works well on desktop and as a mobile app. Unlike Airtable’s spreadsheet-style layout, Asana has a more classic to-do list layout. Users can display their to-do lists in a to-do list format where tasks can be checked off or on a calendar layout.
Unique Asana Features
- Offers many communication and collaboration tools, including messaging tools, shared calendars, and the ability to comment on specific tasks
- Integrates well with business intelligence programs such as Tableau
- Subtasks can be assigned to different users with staggered deadlines
Asana offers four different pricing tiers:
- Basic: The free plan supports unlimited projects and tasks for up to 15 users.
- Prime: For $10.99/month per user billed annually or $13.49/month billed monthly, organizations can add unlimited users and access the Workflow Builder.
- Company: For $24.99/month per user billed annually or $30.49/month billed monthly, organizations can add advanced reporting, portfolio view, advanced workflows, and personalized support.
- Company: Customizable plans for businesses. The price varies.
Zoho Projects is a comprehensive project management tool for task management, process automation, and team collaboration. It’s part of Zoho’s extensive catalog of software products, making it an especially good choice for organizations that already use a Zoho product or are looking for several easy-to-integrate business tools.
The software offers a ton of data visualization options, including a traditional spreadsheet view, simple list, Kanban board, or Gantt chart. Users can also automate mapped workflows with the Blueprints tool.
Unique Features of Zoho Projects
- Project tracking in spreadsheet, list and kanban views.
- Integrations with other Zoho products as well as Google and Microsoft
- Project benchmark functionality to help compare expected and actual progress on tasks
- Ability to track and analyze time spent on each task
Zoho Projects is an affordable option with three pricing tiers:
- Free: Teams of three or fewer users can use the software for free and create two projects.
- Prime: For $4/month per user billed annually or $5/month per user billed monthly, teams with up to 50 users can access unlimited projects, 20 project templates, and 100 GB of storage.
- Company: Teams of more than 50 users will need to upgrade to the Enterprise plan. For $9/month per user billed annually or $10/month per user billed monthly.
Choosing between Airtable and its alternatives
Airtable is a popular choice for project management software. It offers a wide range of powerful project management and reporting features. However, it is not suitable for all organizations as it has some weaknesses in its task management features.
There are many other project management software options available. These competitors may offer better task management features or a better user experience compared to AirTable. To compare these and other tools, check out our roundup of the best project management software.
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay up to date with the latest tech headlines.
For all the latest tech news, click here
For the latest news and updates, follow us on Google News.
Read the original article here