Word Doc – click to download
Excel version – click to download
PDF version – click to download
This small business social media calendar template is for YOU!
It is based on the calendar format that we use internally at Small Business Trends LLC.
Like many of you, we have limited time and resources. In a small business, you never have enough people or money!
After years of trial and error, we’ve learned that:
- We have more consistent results when we organize our activities and put them on a calendar.
- By presenting the activities in a calendar, we would do better to align with our strategy.
- We spend less time on social media. We don’t have to stop and think about what to do next.
Here are 5 tips for using this social media calendar template:
(1) Customize to fit YOUR business. Download a version of this social media calendar template to work with. Word and Excel formats can be customized. Every business is different. Change it to fit it your company.
(2) Start slowly. If you try to do too much, you risk exhausting yourself. Gradually increase activities once you feel you have mastered a social media platform.
(3) Think of the suggested activities as “starting ideas”. Please don’t feel pressured to do all (or anything) suggested on the social media calendar template. The proposed activities are there to make you think about the possibilities.
(4) Assign responsibilities. Determine who will be responsible for carrying out your social media schedule. It can be you or an employee. Or you may need to hire a virtual assistant or an independent contractor. A social media calendar for small business is only as good as your execution.
(5) Use automation without excuses. Look, we’re big fans of being real and interacting with followers. But we also know that you face limited time and resources in a small business. If you automate certain activities, you will have more free time to engage. As long as you mix personal engagement and automation, you’ll always appear real and accessible.
For more social media tips, please see:
How to Create a Social Media Post Calendar
21 tips for hiring a social media rockstar
Main social media automation plugins